Winter is obviously PRIME GIRLS’ NIGHT IN SZN aka let’s all stay in, have a cocktail, invite our friends over, and do as close to absolutely nothing as humanly possible szn. If you’re like us and getting tired of putting on a movie (maybe you’ve already burned through all the horrible Netflix holiday specials?), board games are a fun, screen-free option for your tired, bloodshot eyes. Also, can we pause for a moment and remember board games? Board games are good. Board games are wholesome. Let’s bring that sh*t back.
We asked all of you on our Instagram recently for your favorite recommendations for a “game night in” with friends and you delivered. (Seriously, who knew there was an actual board game named Cat Lady?!) Below are the recs…are there any that are missing?
Classics: The games we all know how to play and can almost always gather a group for.
- Monopoly — Bonus points for creative editions…Game of Thrones or Disney, anyone?
- Clue! — Highly recommend the film if you need some inspiration!
- Mahjong — Not your grandma’s game anymore.
Crowd Favorites: The GNI Community top picks!
- Catch Phrase
- Settlers of Catan — Try an expansion pack to spice things up or add more players.
- Mario Kart
- Loaded Questions
- One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Word Games: Games that take a little more brain power (read: mostly for the grown up cousins.)
Childhood Favorites: We loved them then, why not try them now?
- Hide and Seek (try Manhunt or Sardines for another variation)
- Cranium — Hint: Try Cranium Cadoo if the OG is too hard.
- SORRY! — Not sorry.
Card Game Sets: Easy group games to travel with, and very little set up.
- Cards Against Humanity — Themed expansion packs make a great holiday gift.
- Apples to Apples
- Uno — The jumbo card version is great if you’re not carrying it with you.
- Set — Fun for solo play too!
Card Games: One deck, 100’s of games to play.
- Gin Rummy
- Court Piece