Editorial & Content Associate
What You’ll Do:
This role will support and strengthen GNI’s community and messaging across platforms, with a focus on brand partnerships, editorial production, and social media content creation. This role will help GNI drive the modern self-care conversation and meet our audience wherever they may be.
- Staff writing: We’re looking for a strong writer and editor with the creativity and efficiency to write 1-2 editorial pieces/week.
- Branded Content: This role will work with our partnerships team to develop branded content that serves both our partners and audience.
- Social Media Content + Editorial Production: Work with editorial + content team to produce multi-channel content that engages our audience and grows our community.
- Newsletter Contribution: We’re looking for someone familiar with our newsletter product and excited to help contribute to its success in current and future iterations.
- Content Coordinating: We’re looking for a well-organized clear communicator that’s able to coordinate social media takeovers and content with brand collaborators.
Reports to: Editorial & Content Lead.
- 1-3 years professional experience working in a newsroom or on a marketing team
- Writing, editing, and social media experience required
- [Bonus] Photography or graphic design experience
- A strategic creative: We’re looking for someone highly visual with an exceptional eye for smart, creative, effective content
- An excellent copy editor: Strong command of the English language and GNI brand voice is crucial to this role’s success.
- A trusted collaborator: You’ll be working across our editorial, community, and partnerships teams and with partners like Sweetgreen, Everlane, Netflix, and more.
- Self-motivated: We’re growing and need teammates that are able to meet quick deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to changes as they happen.
- Mission-driven: We want to work with someone as passionate about GNI’s mission and product as we are.
- Interested in learning: This role is perfect for a junior creative Interested in developing as a writer and multi-platform storyteller/content producer.
This role is based in Washington, D.C. — candidates MUST be located in D.C. or planning to relocate.
Compensation + Benefits:
- Base salary plus benefits; compensation commensurate with experience
- Health & dental benefits
- Professional but casual work environment
- Work from home Fridays
- A generous PTO policy
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “APPLICATION: Editorial & Content Associate.”
Growth & Marketing Intern
September - December 2019
The Fall 2019 Growth & Marketing Internship at GNI will focus on growing our newsletter audience and increasing brand awareness through creative and innovative marketing projects. The internship will also help expand upon exciting PR opportunities.
- Manage and refine referrals/ambassador program, developing new materials and content where needed
- Develop and execute short-term, exciting co-marketing initiatives and projects with partners, influencers, and communities
- Manage reader giveaways
- Plan, launch, QA, optimize, and report on paid social media campaigns
- PR - Manage and update press database, assist in press outreach, and help refine Press page on website
- Internship will culminate in the opportunity to pitch and produce a marketing campaign, end-to-end, to drive newsletter subscribership
- Graphic design and photography support (if qualifications allow)
What We’re Looking For:
- Enrolled in a 4-year college
- Pursuing a degree in media, advertising/marketing, or social sciences
- Understanding of marketing/consumer/social media landscape and interest in learning and growing skills in growth analytics
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for Girls’ Night In!
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Graphic design and photography skills are a plus
- Able to work remotely in a professional manner
Logistics: This role is based in Washington, D.C. and will require a time commitment of 20-25 hours per week. Interns must have their own laptops, and must have occasional availability to assist with events and social media execution on evenings and weekends. Internships are paid.
Send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. Applications are due by Monday, August 26th.
About Girls’ Night In: Launched in 2017 as a newsletter, Girls’ Night In was built on the belief that as our lives get busier, the more important it is to take time for yourself. With burnout and mental health issues on the rise, we’re encouraging people to take care and build more meaningful community. Through our weekly newsletter, nationwide book clubs, original content, and more, Girls’ Night In is a brand driving and leading the self-care conversation.
Girls’ Night In is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.